The Discovery Scholars program provides a variety of intellectual and student development opportunities for high-performing students to discover their true academic passion. With a specific focus on exploring and selecting appropriate collegiate majors and future careers, Discovery Scholars live, study and learn with fellow students from the program. Selectively chosen based on their proven academic abilities and diverse interests, Discovery Scholars are recognized by UMBC as students possessing significant academic promise who deserve focused attention from specially selected faculty, staff and administrative partners from throughout the University.
Benefits associated with the Discovery Scholars program include:
- Housing in one of UMBC’s most modern residence halls
- Enrollment in both a First Year Seminar (FYS) and an Introduction to an Honors University (IHU) course
- Advising and support from the Office of Undergraduate Education
- Assigned professional advisors from the Office for Academic and Pre-Professional Advising
- Opportunities to participate in social and cultural co-curricular programs
Interested in applying to the Discovery Scholar LLC?
Please make sure to apply when you fill out your UMBC Housing Application.