Applications will be reviewed and qualified students will be selected from an applicant pool determined by Admissions based on the following: (Consider applying if you meet one or more of the following criteria).
- Students with a 3.5 or higher high school GPA
- Students with an 1150 or higher SAT score
- Students who are undecided about their major
- Students who are not affiliated with another scholars program on campus
- Interested students must meet University requirements for admission to UMBC.
- Within the on-line housing application, you can apply to be a member of the Discovery Scholars Living-Learning Community. Living-Learning Communities are unique opportunities with the residence halls to live with other students who share your academic or co-curricular interests. Use the on-line housing application to apply! No additional information is needed. Contact us if you have questions about the program.
- Once you are admitted to the Discovery Scholars Living Learning Community, we strongly encourage you to attend Summer Orientation on either Tuesday, June 13 or Thursday, June 15. Spaces on these two dates will be held specifically for Discovery Scholars students. Please notify us once you are admitted if you want/need to change your orientation to one of these two dates. You will have the opportunity at orientation to meet with Jill Randles and/or Laila Shishineh who coordinate the program.