by Mark Hertsgaard
HertsgaardFor twenty years, Mark Hertsgaard has investigated global warming as a journalist, but the full truth did not hit home until he became a father and, soon thereafter, learned that climate change was bound to worsen for decades to come. Hertsgaard’s daughter is part of what he has dubbed “Generation Hot” — the two billion young people worldwide who will spend the rest of their lives coping with climate disruption. Drawing on reporting from around the world, Hot is a call to action that injects hope and solutions into a debate characterized by doom and gloom and offers a blueprint for how all of us can navigate an unavoidable new era.
Lecture / Book Signing
- The opportunity to participate in a Essay Contest.
- Reading and discussion that is good preparation for English 100, which uses the book in assignments throughout the semester.
- Related campus-wide lectures throughout the year
- Preparation for other classes, which discuss topics addressed by the book.
- Make an impact. See the nominees from the NSBE 2013 selection.